My name is Rushit. I have Completed my study in Electronics (Level 7). I have 2 years of Experience as a process worker in Electronic manufacturing company. Now i am working as a Electronics Technician with same company since jan 2021.
As you can see on given link (page 3), Electronics Technician Occupation comes under Long term Skill Shortage List. Can you give me Brief Explanation about 1. What they mean by 3 years of work experience and 2. what is the meaning of “a minimum of 12 months’ relevant post-qualification work experience in the last 18 months”.
Am i Qualified for this Visa? if Not why ?
( i have 1 year 6 month experience as a Technician in solar company in India)
Thanks for your question.
I would need more information to assess your personal situation.
Generally, to be able to qualify for a work visa and residence in the future under Work To Residence (Long Term Skill Shortage Category)
In your case, you need to meet the below requirements:
1. Your job duties match with the job description of the occupation stated in ANZSCO under 312412 code.
2. You must one of the below qualifications:
– A bachelor’s degree at NZQF Level 7, or a higher qualification with the
minimum equivalent of 360 credits, which includes the requirements of a
New Zealand major in electronics
– A diploma at NZQF Level 6, or a higher qualification, with the minimum
equivalent of 240 credits, which includes the credit and knowledge
requirements of the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Level 6)
– Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electronic Engineering) or
(Electrical and Electronic Engineering) (NZQF Level 7)
– Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Electronic Engineering, or
Electrical and Electronic Engineering (NZQF Level 8)
– A Washington Accord or a Sydney Accord accredited undergraduate
(initial) engineering degree in Electronic Engineering (listed – see Note 3)
– A qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from Engineering
New Zealand certifying that the degree and any further learning meet the
benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional Engineer
professional status in New Zealand
– NZ registration in the field of Electronic Engineering or Electrical and
Electronic Engineering as a Chartered Professional Engineer or an
Engineering Technologist by Engineering New Zealand
3. a minimum of three years of total relevant work experience
4. a minimum of 12 months’ relevant work experience after completing one of the above educational qualifications. Work experience in
the last 18 months means that must have had worked in this occupation for one year in the last 1.5 years. So that your work experience is recent.
Hope that helps.
If you need further information please do not hesitate to contact us.