From your description, it appears that you may be able to claim bonus points. Here is what the regulation says:
SM8.25.1 Bonus points for New Zealand qualifications gained before, or commenced on or before 25 July 2011
- If SM8.25 (a), (b), and (c) above do not apply, the principal applicant may be eligible for New Zealand qualification bonus points under SM8.25.1 if they:
- gained the qualification before 25 July 2011; or
- had commenced a programme of study towards a recognised New Zealand qualification on or before 24 July 2011.
- Two years of full-time study in New Zealand towards a recognised New Zealand qualification qualifies for 5 points, providing the full-time study was over four semesters during a period of at least 16 months.
- A recognised basic New Zealand qualification from level four up to and including level eight on the NZQF qualifies for 5 points.
It is important to note that the regulation talks about 5 bonus points.